Wednesday, February 8, 2012

12 years ago, we met


Two hearts by KimWJenkins, on Flickr

Two hearts, a photo by KimWJenkins on Flickr.

While you consider Love-related events as we approach Valentine's Day, add this anniversary. On February 4, 2000, Dave and I had our first date. Everybody say, "Awwww." :)

But let me tell you about the embroidered tea towel. I cleaned out our china cabinet to prepare for some renovations and I noticed, in the pile of tea-towels-of-the-month (a Christmas gift from my sister Erika a few years ago), that the February towel had never been washed - had never been used! I had yet to hang the February towel on the oven door, as I had with other towels of the month!

So, I have decided, that in the month of February, I will hang the tea towel in commemoration of my first date with my now-dear-husband Dave (xo). It will remind me of how special our relationship is. Silly towel that now is not just a towel. Goofy, I know.

Oh, and need a chuckle? Read this blogger's post with Valentine's Day gift advice for husbands. The writer begins, "Married men, practical gifts on special occasions do not bode well." Read on and be entertained. (Stole this link from a former colleague, Katie Orloff, who shared the link on FBook.)

No comments: